Thursday, April 2, 2009

Rainy Day Check-in

It's 7:15 am. I'm at work early after dropping off Ocean, but I don't officially "clock in" until 8am. We have one car and he has to be at work by 7:15am. I've been getting up at 5:30am instead of 6, and really enjoying that quiet time to check and answer email, go to Etsy and check for new hearts and item views.... shop!

Yes, I'm an Etsy addict, and now I've turned Ocean into one. He found some of the coolest shops in products that he loves - knives, masks, jewelry. I'm daily amazed at how much talent is on ETSY! Ocean just bought me the most amazing leather mask on an Etsy shop called Tom Banwell Leather! It's cut out in stars. Check it out here! I can't wait to get it!!! I am astounded with creativity and detail that Tom can create. This is a truly talented artist! If you check it out, let him know you saw him on my blog. As a seller, it's always good to know how people find you. The mask above is the style I'm getting. He has this for sale on his shop. You can click the photo or the links above to go directly there.

I love the quiet time at home and at work when no one is around and I can start the day with ease and peacefully. Today it's raining. A rainstorm woke me up at 5am. I love the rain, but not driving in it. My sweet Ocean drives an amored truck, so he has to be out in it. Let's send him loving light thougts now for safe journies today and every day...

So... what have we been up to in the past week? Well, I finally finished my first messenger bag!!!! Well, I have a couple of finishing touches which I'll complete tonight. It's so fly!!! And I've been working on a special order pyramid pouch. I had to stop production on the pouch last weekend because the paint was not quite dry. It takes a while sometimes for it to fully cure. I posted a few new items, and I've been thinking about what new things I want to make for my Gift Guides Showcase and Spring Showcase this upcoming Sunday. I sold that adorable Green Banjo Bag last night. She's going to Ohio and left today.

Oh... and I'll be offering FREE SHIPPING this Sunday only during the showcases. (But also, if you sign up to follow my blog or subscribe, you get free shipping on your first Glint Gear order! Just email me and let me know in case I miss it. And then put "Blog Follower" in notes to seller upon checkout.

The biggest news of the week is that Ocean has posted his first batch of AMAZING SquidInkwear(TM) t-shirts on Etsy this week!!! I will be featuring him in blog post in the near future once he gives me thumbs up. (He says he doesn't quite have enough product up yet and wants me to wait, but I couldn't help spilling the beans early to give him some more hearts and pageviews!

There are so many products I want to work on! I find myself a little scattered lately thinking, which one should I work on now? It's hard sometimes when you work 40 hours a week and have limited time to do everything you want to do each night! So many ideas! So I have to stop and just choose a couple of items to work on at a time. Last night I started two adorable new cosmetic pouches with Glint Gear appliques. I also have a cute fisherman's-style bag cut out in a beige with a Glint Gear panel on the front flap. It's kind of like a mini-messenger bag. And I have another shoulder bag cut out in chocolate brown vinyl with Glint Gear fabric panels on front and back.

Well, I guess I've rambled enough... I'll be back soon! Enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment