Monday, April 13, 2009

I can just be an artist this week...

Today I start my week-long work vacation. It really hit me this morning that I don't "have" to do anything this week. I can truly just be artist. That's utopia. Paradise. Nirvana. Whatever word you choose... it's my heaven!

So, my day so far has been productive. I got up with Ocean at 6am, made coffee and his lunch and got him off to work. Did I go back to sleep? NO WAY! I intend to make the most of my time this week! I checked emails, looked at my Etsy shop, caught up on FaceBook... all the computer-type stuff. Then I had to dig out some documents for an 11am call this morning. Someone's writing a book about career change, and I'm one of the case studies since I've changed careers several times in my life. After that, I checked on the Glint Gear fabric that Ocean and I played with yesterday. We did two in gray, yellow, brown and some black.

After that, I put on a load of laundry then start hand painting a piece of Glint fabric I had started weeks ago. Then it's back to the computer to prepare for the call. She's late in calling, so I'm doing this blog post while I wait. After the call, I'll have lunch and then go back to work on painting that swatch. When that's done, I'll continue working on the messenger back I started over the weekend.

Aaaah..... paradise. I might post photos of the projects in progress later. That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment